Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Art is an exercise of letting go

"Art is an expression of everything natural."  

 
I am not sure who made the above statement but I found it among my notes so I thought I'd share it on here.  Sharing is an art too.  You have to know how much and when to share.  
 
If we reveal too much at once or too little the interpretation can be not what we intended it to be.  And don't forget to take into account your audience which is changing faster than you can click in today's ceaseless digital world.  We can never be certain of others' motives.  In a world of overflow today it is difficult for even the most intelligent person or persons to be in touch all of the time.  We are all being programmed today with messages bombarding us from all sides along with people, places & things; not to mention our own pre-conceived ideas, attitudes and self imposed prisons that are erected in our minds and often forced fed in a lifetime which can  keep us from investigating the another's point of view.  Come on now we live in the world of instantaneous  answers.
 
We need to stay vigilent or we are in danger of going completely un-conscious  with the T.V. internet, I-pad, cellphones, twitter, Instagram, ebay, etsy and not to mention all those friends who want to check in daily as if you are Dear Abby or something with a blow by blow account of their daily interactions; didn't they ever hear what Andy Warhol said about we all get 15 minutes of fame.  I'd hate to blow their personal legend in their own minds. Huh?  It can become almost 24/7 until we deliberately un-plug.  Children of the digital age are starting to communicate with machines at a very early age. 
 
For myself I need to disengage with many of the digital platforms in order to be restored to the present moment.  It is not only necessary but imperative that I unplug from people, places and things that want to consume your free time in order to recharge their battery using you as their personal charging station.  
"F that" 

As a matter of fact as soon as I upload this I am going to disconnect to enter some quiet time to get in touch with everything that is good & true. Until next time,  be here now. 
 
Or don't. 

 

No comments: